Environment & Sustainability
M7 is committed to best practice sustainability policies and we help our clients and partners focus on:
- Minimising the use of paper (for example, by double-siding all paper used)
- Identifying opportunities to reduce waste and promoting waste management on our premises and estates and arranging for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper, computer supplies and redundant equipment
- Reducing energy consumption by purchasing energy efficient equipment and good housekeeping
- Promoting walking, cycling and/or using public transport to attend meetings, site visits etc, apart from in circumstances where the alternatives are impractical and/or cost prohibitive
- Avoiding physically travelling to meetings etc where alternatives are available and practical, such as using teleconferencing, video conferencing or web cams, and efficient timing of meetings to avoid multiple trips
- Promoting the use of public transport by locating offices in accessible locations
In relation to the assets we manage:
- M7’s standard policy is to carry out Phase 1 environmental reviews (and further Phase 2, where and if appropriate) on assets during purchase due diligence. This enables us to establish appropriate environmental management plans for all assets under management and minimise the impact on the local environment.
- Regular environmental audits review the environmental performance of each asset and engage with tenants to improve their operations from an environmental perspective
- We assist estate occupiers in reducing the levels of pollution generated through a number of waste management initiatives including:
- Communal estate recycling facilities
- Reducing polluting releases from estates and the efficient use of building materials in refurbishments
- Regular environmental audits to review the current and potential sources of pollution generated by tenants
- Recommendations to manage these sources in line with current environmental legislation.
M7 is committed to helping the UK achieve the goals outlined within the Climate Change Act 2008 and we aim to reduce the energy consumption of M7 both as a firm and as an asset manager.