M7 is a leading specialist in the pan-European, regional, multi-let real estate market. Majority-owned by its senior managers it has over 225 employees across 14 countries and territories. The team manages over 610 retail, office and industrial properties with a value of over €6.9 billion.
Our mission is to be Europe’s most admired regional investment and asset management business, known for our performance and people, delivering value to investors, with an inspiring and collegiate workplace.
Diversity and inclusion are key to our unique culture. Employing over 24 different nationalities we are proud to promote diversity and equality in the workplace. We believe that to attract and inspire our employees, your wellbeing is of the utmost importance and that is why we invest in your development as well as provide you with a mentor. M7 also offers an attractive benefits package.
How the M7 Graduate scheme is structured
This is a two-year rotational scheme during which you will spend time with the investment management, asset management, transactions and capital markets teams.
During the graduate scheme we will sponsor you to qualify as either MRICS or CAIA. You will be provided with a mentor throughout the scheme to counsel and guide your professional development.
During your time on the rotational graduate scheme you can expect to be involved in the following:
• Dealing with queries on asset and portfolio performance
• Reviewing and assisting with the financial modelling for various M7 managed entities
• Assisting in the preparation and review of reporting packs
• Reviewing and presenting monthly and quarterly reports
• Undertaking site inspections
• Liaising and negotiating with tenants
• Liaising with and instructing letting agents, property managers, building surveyors and other specialist advisors
• Assisting the Asset Managers to drive value
• Collating data and ensuring in-house systems are maintained
• Inputting to reporting packs
• Reporting directly to separate account clients
• Researching and assessing potential deals, including working on financial appraisal models
• Ensuring in-house systems are maintained
• Learning about European markets (prime/average rents, average opex, capex, key cities/transport routes and growth trends)
• Attending site visits
• Assisting with the due diligence process for acquisitions
• Assisting with drafting investor, asset and board papers
• For M7 mandates, producing Requests for financing proposals and helping to appraise responses from lenders
• For M7 mandates, assisting with refinancing and redemptions, liaising with lenders and advisors as appropriate
• For M7 mandates, assisting with bank and investor reporting
• For funds managed by M7 Capital, assisting in the appraisal of new loan opportunities and monitoring the terms of outstanding loans
What we are looking for
We pride ourselves on being a collegiate and equal opportunities employer. As such, we are looking for individuals who understand and value others as much as we do.
To be successful you will need to be a collaborative team player. In addition, you must be a passionate, independent and self-motivated thinker who can demonstrate strong entrepreneurial skills with excellent numerical and negotiation skills and meticulous attention to detail.
Strong work ethic and commitment to the job at hand are essential, as is the ability to perform under pressure.
You must have a grade C or above in all A-Levels and GCSEs. In addition you will need a minimum of a 2:1 in a property related undergraduate degree, or a 2:1 in any undergraduate degree with a merit in a real estate related postgraduate degree.