- OUR POLICIES
- CORPORATE STRUCTURE & MANAGEMENT
- ENVIRONMENT & SUSTAINABILITY
- CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- CODE OF ETHICS & ANTI-BRIBERY
M7 Real Estate Ltd (“M7”) is a pan-European, specialist investor and asset manager of multi-let, commercial, high yield real estate. The firm is committed to the highest standard of corporate governance and making long term positive contributions to the environments in which it operates.
M7 strives for excellence in everything it does, from the people who are employed to the services it offers. This is represented in M7’s corporate decision-making and people management processes.
M7 aims to develop and put in place policies that are appropriate for the nature, scale and complexity of its business and the environment in which it operates.
M7 is headquartered in London from where the centralised support function, together with the asset management and the pan-European fund management functions are managed and controlled. These interface with the local country heads and asset management teams on the ground.
M7 is managed by its executive board of directors.
M7 is committed to best practice sustainability policies and helps its clients and partners to do the same by focusing on objectives such as:
- minimising the use of paper (for example, by double-siding all paper used) and identifying opportunities to reduce waste and promoting waste management on its premises and estates
- as far as possible, arranging for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper, computer supplies and redundant equipment
- reducing the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy efficient equipment and good housekeeping
- promoting walking, cycling and/or using public transport to attend meetings, site visits etc, apart from in circumstances where the alternatives are impractical and/or cost prohibitive
- avoiding physically travelling to meetings etc where alternatives are available and practical, such as using teleconferencing, video conferencing or web cams, and efficient timing of meetings to avoid multiple trips; and
- promoting the use of public transport by locating offices in accessible locations
In relation to the assets it manages, M7’s standard policy is to carry out Phase 1 environmental reviews (and further Phase 2, where and if appropriate) on assets during purchase due diligence. This enables M7 to establish appropriate environmental management plans for all assets under management and in turn to minimise the impact on the local environment. Regular environmental audits review the environmental performance of each asset and engage with tenants to improve their operations from an environmental perspective.
M7 utilises its position to assist estate occupiers in reducing the levels of pollution generated. M7 achieves this through a number of waste management initiatives including: communal estate recycling facilities, reducing polluting releases from estates and the efficient use of building materials in refurbishments. Regular environmental audits review the current and potential sources of pollution generated by tenants and provide recommendations to manage these sources in line with current environmental legislation.
M7 is committed to helping the UK achieve the goals outlined within the Climate Change Act 2008 and aim to reduce the energy consumption both of M7 as a firm and asset manager.
M7’s Code of Ethics sets out rules and standards of behaviour and business conduct demanded of its employees. Compliance with the Code of Ethics is compulsory.
Please see the full Code of Ethics here.
Integrity is paramount and M7 maintain a zero-tolerance position on bribery and corruption. M7 staff are obliged to follow the firm's policy on Anti-Bribery.
Please see the full Anti-Bribery Policy here.